Welcome to the 2019 National Miss You Can Do It Pageant
ongratulations! And Welcome to The National Miss You Can Do Its 16th Anniversary Pageant. You are one of seventy five girls in the nation who will compete in the experience of a lifetime!
The Miss You Can Do It Pageant is a national nonprofit pageant for girls and women with special needs and challenges, a magical event that happens only one night a year. We have come quite a long way since our first pageant in 2004, and those who witnessed the beginning could not have possibly anticipated the incredible growth Miss You Can Do It has achieved.
This competition puts its contestants on a memorable path; this experience leaves you with great memories, strong friendships, and a defining sense of accomplishment. This surreal night is a once in a lifetime experience!
I ask you as contestants to put your fears aside. To allow yourself to try something outside of the ordinary. I ask you to be brave. Life is about pushing yourself. I am so proud of you for being part of this pageant and by doing so I believe you are one step closer to your dream come true!
Please read the following information carefully and please save this packet.
To be a contestant in the Miss You Can Do It Pageant, the following is required:
- Complete the Entry Form on this page and pay $125.00 pageant entry fee (credit card required)
- Upload a signed copy of the 2019 Pageant Release Forms (download the forms here)
- Upload a photo to be used for the program book and to be judged for Miss Photogenic
Competition Dates and Venue:
- Deadline to enter the Pageant and have all sponsorship funding completed is June 30th, 2018 at midnight (CST).
- Pageant Event Date: July 20, 2019 at 5 pm (CST) (Rehearsal on July 19th)
- Location: Grand Harbor Resort, 350 Bell Street, Dubuque, Iowa, 52001
This competition is for girls and women ages 4-28 years of age. We divide the contestants into three groups: Little Miss (4-10), Junior Miss (11-15), and Miss (16-28).
Each contestant will compete in:
- A 3-minute private interview (alone)
- Casual Wear
- Evening Gown
- On-Stage Question
- People Choice
- The Tudi Edwards Award
Every contestant will compete in each category. Miss contestants begin the pageant with an opening dance number which is not judged, its just for fun and the experience.
What your contestant receives?
Every contestant will receive a trophy, tiara, t-shirt, special gift box, the opportunity to have their hair and make up done on pageant day and personally meet Snow White, Cinderella, Elsa, Anna and Moana.
Each contestant will wear only three (3) outfits during the entire pageant.
- Private Interviews: We ask that each contestant wear her pageant t-shirt (which she receives at rehearsal) and blue, black or white shorts or a skirt. Please feel free to add accessories!
- Casual Wear: This varies from “dress up clothes” such as a cheerleader, firefighter, pilot, tennis player, princess etc to a cute outfit with a sequin hat and matching belt. Whatever the contestant wants! What they feel best in! *Miss Girls (16yrs+) please make sure your casual wear is Silver, Black, White, Blue (any/all shades of blue) or all of those colors.
- Evening Gown: Typically a dress or a gown is worn for this portion of competition.
NEW! Miss You Can Do It now has Sparkle Central- a closet filled with gowns, dresses and pageant clothing available for rent. Please visit our website or Facebook page to shop the collections and reserve your pageant attire today!
Rehearsal , Friday, July 19th, 2019:
Rehearsal, All Contestants:
At Rehearsal all contestants will:
- Meet the pageant staff
- Meet your hostess (if you choose one of ours)
- Meet your group leader
- Meet your escorts
- Receive your pageant t-shirt
- Learn and practice walking on stage
- Take a pageant group photo
- Receive another copy of each contestants personal schedule of pageant day (hair, make up, private interview, etc.)
- Have the opportunity to sit down one on one with pageant staff to answer any remaining questions you may have.
Rehearsal, Contestant Groups:
Pageant weekend is always busy and with 75 contestants and their families it is difficult for us to make sure our Registered Nurse knows everything about every contestant in the few minutes we have with her.
In this entry form, there is an area for you to fill out and include any information you want our nurse to know about your contestant. Any dietary restrictions, seizures, injuries, etc…
When filling out this form, please include any information you would like our staff to know. If nothing please leave it blank and sign at the bottom.
Pageant Entry Form